India-Croatia joins hands for research in Traditional Medicine Systems
India joined hands with Croatia and inked a MoU for research & development in Indian traditional medicine systems and for promoting Ayurveda in Europe.
- Croatian government is planning to package Ayurveda and Yoga from India, along with its tourism.
- One of the goals of MoU is to connect European members for a more comprehensive offer of health and tourism products.
- To implement the plan, Ministry of Ayush has signed an agreement with the Croatia Heal Ministry for academic collaboration in Indian traditional medicine system.
- MoU was signed between All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Croatia’s Kvarner Health Tourism Cluster.
- Under the agreement, both the countries would undertake academic activities in Ayurveda in association with the identified institutions.
Significance of the MoU
The agreement is significant because it will help in promoting Indian traditional medicine system across European countries. It is a significant step to boost India’s ties with other countries and promote academic research, medical education, clinical & educational activities, training, and competency building.
About India-Croatia Relations
India-Croatia Relations have been friendly since the era of former Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia disintegrated into six new countries during 1990s due to political upheavals & conflicts during early 1990s. These six countries are- Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia. Croatia is an important Central European country because of its geo-strategic location and membership of the European Union & NATO. The country is a significant Gateway to Europe through the Adriatic coastline.
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|