India and Bangladesh to co-produce movie on Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
India and Bangladesh will jointly produce a feature movie on life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (founding father of People’s Republic of Bangladesh) and also a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971). India’s state broadcaster Prasar Bharati will co-produce the film.
- The decision was taken after Bangladeshi delegation led by Dr. Gowher Rizvi (adviser to Prime Minister of Bangladesh) recently met secretary and other officials of Information & Broadcasting Ministry and focussed on various aspects of making of feature film.
- The announcement is a culmination of three-year dialogue between India and Bangladesh on the issue. Earlier, decision of co-production was announced by Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi and of Bangladesh Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina.
- The movie announcement comes in backdrop of raging debate on National Register of Citizens (NRC) in northeast which seeks to disenfranchise Bangladeshi migrants.
- Movie on Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be directed by renowned filmmaker Shyam Benegal and script will be written by Atul Tiwari.
- Bangladeshi Delegation assured full cooperation in ensuring smooth logistics for shooting movie in Bangladesh.
- For documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971) it was mutually agreed that director would be from Bangladesh and he will be assisted by a co-director from India.
- Other decisions: Prasar Bharati agreed to carry Bangladesh TV on DD Free Dish platform without charging carriage fees (i.e. free of cost.). In a reciprocal gesture, delegation from Bangladesh announced that a Doordarshan channel will be adopted on the about to launched DTH platform of Bangladesh. A working agreement on cooperation between All India Radio (India’s national public radio broadcaster) and Bangladesh Betar (state-owned radio broadcasting organisation of Bangladesh) was also agreed upon between the two countries starting from next month.
Union Cabinet approves India-Bangladesh Cooperation in Trade
The Union Cabinet recently approved the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Director Gene...
Shantir Ogroshena, 2021
On April 4, 2021, the multinational military exercise “Shantir Ogroshena, 2021” was begun at Ban...
Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant
Recently, India made a deal with Bangladesh where Indian companies will develop the transmission lin...
PM visit to Bangladesh: Key Outcomes
On 26th March, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Bangladesh on his 2-day visit at the invit...
Gandhi Peace Prize 2020- Highlights
According to the Ministry of the culture, government of India has conferred the Gandhi Peace Prize o...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
Topics: 1971 war • All India Radio • angabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman • Atul Tiwari • Bangladesh Betar • Bangladesh Liberation War • Bangladesh Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina • India-Bangladesh • Information & Broadcasting Ministry • NRC • Prasar Bharati • Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi • Sheikh Mujibur Rahman • Shyam Benegal
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|