Government’s Cloud Computing panel to be chaired by Gopalakrishnan of Infosys
Infosys’ Executive Co-Chairman S.Gopalakrishnan will head the committee that will suggest framework for cloud computing services. The members of the committee include representatives from Department of Information Technology, National Informatics Centres, NASSCOM, industry chambers CII, FICCI and others.
- Cloud computing is one of the major areas of the proposed National IT Policy that visualizes to increase revenues of IT and ITES Industry from USD 100 billion at present to $300 billion by 2020.
- As per research firm Zennov, the public cloud market in the country is expected to touch USD 685 million by 2014
What is Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing is the delivery of computing and storage capacity. In cloud computing, end users are not required to buy software or devices as they are provided by service providers on a rental basis.
What are different types of Cloud Computing?
- There are three types of cloud computing:
– Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
– Platform as a Service (PaaS)
– Software as a Service (SaaS)
What is the potential benefits of Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing has the potential to bring affordable services in sectors like healthcare, education, e-governance and banking to masses.
What is the major concern in implementation of Cloud Computing?
- Data integrity, confidentiality and too many participants relying on single service provider are some major concerns in implementing cloud computing.