UP Government approves 'bicycle highway' between Taj and lion safari
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has given its approval to develop over 197 km long ‘bicycle highway’ from Agra up to the lion safari in Etawah to encourage eco-tourism in vicinity of Taj Mahal.
Decision in this regard was taken by State Cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
- The bicycle highway will not run along the Agra-Etawah main road but will cover various historical and tourism centres.
- It will start from eastern gate of the Taj Mahal and will cover other historical areas such as Bateshwarnath Temple, Raja Bhoj ki Haveli, Mela Kothi Jarar, and Naugava ka Quila and other rural areas to reach lion safari in Etawah.
Other Cabinet Decisions
- State Cabinet also approved the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in the state from the Kharif season 2016.
- Transfer policy for 2016-17 for employee was approved. Under it Group A and B will be transferred from a district on completion of six years and 10 years in a division.
- Cabinet also approved the construction cost for an international cricket stadium in Saifai.
U.P announces Affordable Rental Housing Scheme for Students, Urban Migrants
Uttar Pradesh government has announced on March 26, 2021 to start an affordable rental housing schem...
Arjuna Sahayak Irrigation Project- Highlights
The “Arjuna Sahayak Irrigation Project” will be completed and launched in one or two months in t...
Guru Ravidas Jayanti Celebrated
The Bhakti Movement Saint Guru Ravidas Jayanti is being observed on February 27, 2021 across the cou...
UP: Foundation Stone for Maharaja Suheldev Memorial to be laid down
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually lay the foundation stone of the Maharaja Suheldev Me...
UNWTO report: 2020 is Worst Year on Record
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has highlighted that the year 2020 the worst y...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|