UP Government approves 'bicycle highway' between Taj and lion safari
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has given its approval to develop over 197 km long ‘bicycle highway’ from Agra up to the lion safari in Etawah to encourage eco-tourism in vicinity of Taj Mahal.
Decision in this regard was taken by State Cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
- The bicycle highway will not run along the Agra-Etawah main road but will cover various historical and tourism centres.
- It will start from eastern gate of the Taj Mahal and will cover other historical areas such as Bateshwarnath Temple, Raja Bhoj ki Haveli, Mela Kothi Jarar, and Naugava ka Quila and other rural areas to reach lion safari in Etawah.
Other Cabinet Decisions
- State Cabinet also approved the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in the state from the Kharif season 2016.
- Transfer policy for 2016-17 for employee was approved. Under it Group A and B will be transferred from a district on completion of six years and 10 years in a division.
- Cabinet also approved the construction cost for an international cricket stadium in Saifai.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|