Global Peace Index 2021
15th edition of Global Peace Index (GPI) was announced by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) Sydney.
- GPI is world’s leading measure of global peacefulness.
- Index ranks 163 independent states and territories as per level of their peacefulness.
- Report provides a comprehensive data-driven analysis on trends in peace, its economic value and recommends on how to develop peaceful societies.
How countries were ranked?
- Iceland is most peaceful country worldwide since 2008.
- Iceland is joined by other top countries like Denmark, New Zealand, Portugal and Slovenia.
- Afghanistan is the least peaceful country again for fourth consecutive year.
- Afghanistan is followed by Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, and Iraq.
India and its neighbor
- India has moved up by two position from its last year’s ranking. It has become 135th most peaceful country while, 5th in South Asia region.
- Bhutan and Nepal are first and second most peaceful in this region.
- Bangladesh was 91th out of 163 countries across the world while being 3rd in South Asia.
- Sri Lanka slipped by 19 position to become 95th peaceful country while, 4th in South Asia region.
- Pakistan witnessed the most improvement in peacefulness with 150th rank globally and 6th in South Asia region.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|