Global Bio-India Summit, 2019
The Global Bio-India summit is to be held for the first time in India between November 21 and November 23, 2019. It is being organized by BIRAC and DBT of Ministry of Science and Technology. The purpose of the summit is to attract investments, showcase the country’s indigenous strengths and aspirations.
- Biotech is identified as one of the key sectors in Make in India 2.0.
- The event is planned to bring in stakeholders of 30 countries together.
- It will include 200 exhibitors and 250 startups. The Central and state regulatory bodies are also participating in the summit. On the whole, around 3500 participators are expected
- Biotechnology and its contributions are important for India in achieving its 5 trillion USD target.
- Biotechnology is also one of the thrust areas for driving GDP growth of the country.
Key Objectives of the Summit
- To identify funding and collaboration opportunities for research and Development
- To attract major projects from international companies
- To discuss policy interventions and key trends across the sub sectors like bio-agriculture, bio-energy, bio-industrial, bio-manufacturing, bio-services, etc.
To facilitate interactions of research institutions with industry
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs