First Solar based Integrated Multi Village Water Supply Project inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh
Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched the country’s first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project (IMVWSP) in Arunachal Pradesh. While dedicating the project, Shekhawat said that the project is as per the vision of PM Modi for the utilization of multiple resources. Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Pema Khandu was also present at the event.
Pema Khandu also launched the “Arunachal Jal Sankalp” programme in this event. This is a state-government programme to supplement Jal Jeevan Mission.
About First Solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project (IMVWSP)
- This water supply project for 39 villages of Lower Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh has been commissioned at a cost of Rs 28.50 crore.
- The project is said to provide drinking water to 17,480 people and is being seen as project that will combine elements of green energy and tourism along with the drinking water.
- Khandu said that this is the first of kind water project in the state that uses green energy-solar grid, pre-fabricated zinc alum storage tank, SCADA automation system, and High-density polyethylene (HDPE) conduit (preferred material for protecting electrical power) for mains, sub-mains and network distribution system and also amusement park.
- CM also appreciated the initiative by the local people for making the project sustainable wherein the Village Water and Sanitation Committee through gram sabha have decided to raise minimum water tariff.
- Khandu also said that the project will increase tourism in the area by improving the standard of living of people and boosting rural economy.
About Jal Shakti Ministry
Ministry of Jal Shakti was formed in the May 2019 by merging two ministries- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation. The ministry has been formed with the major aim of cleaning River Ganges. A special project named “Namami Gange” has also been launched to achieve this aim.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|