Draft of “National Youth Policy 2012” released
Minister of State Youth Affairs & Sports, Ajay Maken released the draft of the National Youth Policy, 2012.
Objective of the Policy:
- To focus on empowering youth via skill development,
- Enhancing employability and facilitating entrepreneurship opportunities via convergence with other Ministries and Departments.
Some key highlights:
- Special attention to National values, social harmony, national unity, and empowering youth through employable skills, education, health, sports and recreation.
- Policy proposes to alter the target age group from the existing 13-35 years to 16-30 years
- Youth Development Index (YDI) to be a part of the policy that will serve as baseline and ready-estimator for evaluators and policy makers.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2012