Delhi School Bag Policy
The Delhi Government recently issued guidelines to reduce the weight of school bags of students in the National Capital Region under its Delhi School Bag Policy.
What are the Key Features of the Delhi School Bag Policy?
- According to the new Delhi School Bag Policy, the weight of the school bag of students between Class 1 and Class 10 should not be more than 10% of their body weight.
- The policy suggests that the schools should follow and use textbooks prescribed by NCERT, SCERT and CBSE only.
- The schools should also formulate thoughtful time table so that the students need not carry too many books on a single day.
- The policy envisages to promote holistic development of students through participation in games, art and culture, sports and other creative activities.
- The students should be practiced with the habit of reading library books.
- Only single notebook should be carried by class 1 and class 2 students. For students of other classes one notebook per subject should be prescribed.
- No homework should be issued to students of class 1 and class two students.
What is the class-wise weight limits prescribed for school bags?
The Delhi government has also issued class wise weight limit for school bags in order to avoid confusion in implementation of the policies.
Accordingly, the pre-primary classes should not carry bags and should not be issued with the homeworks.
- The class 1 and class 2 students with average body weight of 16 to 22 kg have been recommended with bag weight of 1.6 kg 2.2 kg.
- The class three, class 4 and class 5 students with average body weight of 17 to 25 kg have been recommended with bag weight of 1.7 kg to 2.5 KG .
- The Class 6 and class 7 students with average body weight of 20 to 30 kg have been recommended with bag weight of 2 to 3 kg.
- The class 8 students with an average body weight of 25 to 40 kg have been recommended with the bag weight of 2.5 kg to 4 kg.
- The class 9 and class 10 students with average body weight of 25 to 45 kilograms have been recommended with the bag weight of 2.5 kg to 4.5 kg.
- The class 11 and class 12 students with average bag weight of 35 to 50 kg have been recommended with bag weight of 3.5 kg to 5 kg.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|