Delhi approves Rs 1544 Cr under State ECRP 2021-22
In its battle against COVID-19, Delhi Cabinet has approved a budget of Rs 1544 crores for improving health systems in the union territory.
- Delhi cabinet, headed by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, approved the ‘Emergency COVID Response Package (ECRP).
- This budget will be used:
- To enhance testing & labs
- To procure supplies
- To mobilize additional human resources
- To increase health facilities in hospitals
- To manage Covid Care Centres.
- This move will enhance the management of resources in Delhi.
The ECRP 2021 was approved because, there was a common consensus that the pandemic is not over yet and a third wave can be expected. Thus, to avoid any hesitations with respect to control and prevention of the spread of virus, cabinet approved the Rs 1544.24 crore for the State ECRP 2021-22.
Significance of the move
ECRP will help in enhancing the management of resources in Delhi. It will be crucial in the advent of any future wave of Covid-19. This fund will allow expenditure on all the long term & short-term activities for managing the pandemic.
Distribution of budget
Out of total allocated budget, Rs 415 Crores will be used to strengthen COVID-19 Testing & Labs. Rs 445 Crores will be used to procure supplies, Rs 280 crore will help in improving Health Facilities and Hospitals while Rs 125 Crores have been allocated to aid the Management of Covid Care Centres.
Improving health infrastructure
Delhi Government is enhancing the infrastructure of hospitals on a rapid scale. 6836 ICU beds will be added across 7 hospitals in Delhi. Thus, capacity of ICU beds in Delhi will now become 17000.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|