Defence industrial corridor project in Jhansi -Key Facts
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to lay down the foundation stone of Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor project in Jhansi on November 19, 2021.
- The Defence Industrial corridor is worth Rs 400 crore project.
- Through this project, central government aims to achieve strategic Independence.
- Prime Minister will lay down the foundation stone on the concluding three-day ‘Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv’ event.
The Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv
This event is being organised by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in association with the government of Uttar Pradesh. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated this event on November 17, 2021.
Defence Industrial Corridors
Central government has decided to set up two Defence Industrial Corridors in India. One of the corridors will be set up in Tamil Nadu while other in Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor
- Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor comprises of nodes at Agra, Jhansi, Aligarh, Lucknow, Chitrakoot, and Kanpur.
- For Jhansi Node of the Corridor, UP government has made about 1,034 hectares of land available.
- A plant for propulsion system for Anti-Tank Guided Missiles is being set up by the Bharat Dynamics Ltd, which is a Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU), in Jhansi Node. It will cover an area of 183 acres of land in Jhansi.
- Jhansi node of the facility will involve an investment of Rs 400 crore.
- It will provide direct employment to 150 people and indirect employment to around 500 people.
Steps to promote Aatmanirbhar Bharat
Ministry of Defence has taken various steps to promote ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ in defence in recent years. These comprise of issue like positive indigenisation lists, promotion of start-ups under Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) initiative, 64 per cent capital procurement budget for domestic industry etc.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|