Current Affairs – Today’s Headlines: June 1, 2021
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for June 1, 2021.
– There is digital divide: SC tells Centre on mandatory CoWIN registration for Covid-19 vaccination
– SC protects Telugu channels TV5 and ABN from any coercive action by the AP govt. for their reportage of the COVID-19 pandemic
– Central Vista essential project, work to continue, rules Delhi High Court
– Delhi High Court gives Twitter 3 weeks to comply with Information Technology (Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021
– West Bengal: Chief Secretary Alapan Bandyopadhyay retired, appointed Advisor to CM Mamata Banerjee
– Kerala Assembly passes resolution seeking recall of Lakshadweep administrator Praful Khoda Patel
– Maharashtra govt extends EWS (economically weaker section) quota to Marathas
– AP Govt. to set up 30 skill development colleges, 1 skill development university
– UP Govt. announces Rs 10 lakh financial aid for family members of journalists who died due to COVID-19
– Justice Vikramjit Sen to head Digital Media Content Regulatory Council of IBF (Indian Broadcasting Foundation)
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
– Fiscal deficit for 2020-21 at 9.3% of GDP, revenue deficit at 7.42% of GDP: Govt. data
– India’s GDP grows 1.6% in fourth quarter, contracts 7.3% in 2020-21: Govt. data
– Eight core sectors’ output grows 56% in April on low base effect
– IIT-Ropar develops AmbiTAG, India’s first indigenous temperature data logger for cold chain management
– Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches Horticulture Cluster Development Programme (CDP)
– Defence Minister approves proposal to procure 108 items only from indigenous sources
– CII elects Tata Steel CEO and MD T V Narendran as its new president
– CBDT chairman PC Mody retires, CBDT member Jagannath Mohapatra to discharge duties of chairman for 3 months
– Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 Summit hosted by South Korea.
– World No Tobacco Day observed on May 31, theme: ‘Commit to Quit’.
– In major break from past, China allows couples to have three children.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|