CP Gurnani appointed as Chairman of NASSCOM
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has appointed CP Gurnani as its Chairman for 2016-17 and Raman Roy as vice chairman for the period.
Currently, Gurnani is Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tech Mahindra. He is a chemical engineer from the National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
He has over 31 years of rich corporate experience. Previously, he had worked at Hewlett Packard Limited, Perot Systems (India) Limited and HCL Corporation Ltd, and had led the merger of Tech Mahindra with Satyam.
Raman Roy is the MD of Quatrro Global Services. He is widely regarded as a pioneer of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in India. He has successfully led the BPO initiatives of American Express, GE (now Genpact) and Spectramnd. He is a Chartered Accountant with a Doctorate in Management Accountancy and has rich corporate experience of 35 years.
About National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
- NASSCOM is a global non-profit trade association (organisation) of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- It facilitates business and trade in software and services and encourages the advancement of research in software technology.
- Established: It is registered under the Indian Societies Act, 1860.
- Headquarters: New Delhi. It has regional offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Members: The global trade body has over 2000 members, of which over 250 are companies from the China, EU, Japan, US and UK.
- NASSCOM’s member companies are in the business of software development, software services, software products, IT-enabled/BPO services and e-commerce.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|