CBSE-NPCI launches Financial literacy curriculum for students
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) have partnered to introduce a financial literacy curriculum for students of Class VI.
Financial Literacy Textbook
- It was launched as part of new elective ‘financial literacy’ subject which will enable students to understand basic financial concepts at preliminary stage of their education.
- This textbook covers crucial topics with respect to financial awareness.
- It comprises of teamwork and basic financial concepts of Banking, security & modes of Digital Payments including Cards, UPI, Wallets, and more.
- It highlights about the origin of banking, transition from coins to paper money, types of banks and other operations & services carried out by banks.
- It also highlights the significant role of RBI and GOI in promoting Digital Payments movement from currency, banking, savings & investments to advanced concepts such as UPI, IMPS, USSD, NACH, mPoS, QR Codes, and ATMs.
- It covers all that a child might find very useful at later stage in their life.
- It also elaborates the role of UIDAI and importance of Aadhaar, and Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS).
Another course by NPCI
NPCI is also been working on course content development with CBSE for Standard 7 and 8.
What was the need?
The new education policy (NEP) emphasizes on need of nurturing a digital mindset among students. This book will help in meeting this objective of NEP.
Purpose of Textbook
This textbook focuses on overall digital payment system. It is a small module on financial literacy which will educate students on finance from an early age. It stresses on growth of money and refers to Skills Root.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|