Cabinet approves PMGKY 4.0
Union government has approved PMGKY 4.0 to allocate additional food grain for another period of five months from July 2021 to November 2021.
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Phase IV will be launched from July 2021 to November 2021.
- Under it, free of cost food grains will be given at 5 kg per person per month.
- Phase four of the scheme will reach to the 81.35 crore beneficiaries, who are covered under National Food Security Act (NFSA), Antyodaya Anna Yojana and Priority Households. It will also benefit those covered under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- Additional food grain will be sanctioned at the subsidy of Rs.64,031 crore.
- Government of India is bearing entire expenditure without any contribution by states or UTs. Additional expenditure of about Rs 3,234.85 crore will be required to meet transportation & handling and FPS dealers’ margins. Thus, total estimated expenditure for Government of India will be Rs 67, 266.44 crore.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY)
PMGKAY was launched under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) to help poor fight against Covid-19. It was launched by the Ministry of Finance. Initially the scheme was announced for a three-month period that is April, May & June 2020. It covered 80 crore ration cardholders. Later, it was extended till November 2020. The scheme was restarted in April 2021 after second wave of covid-19 pandemic.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|