Cabinet approves MoU between India and South Korea for strengthening cooperation in Tourism
The Union Cabinet Narendra Modi has approved signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Objectives of MoU
- Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector
- Increase exchange of information and data related to tourism
- Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators
- Establish exchange programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development (HRD)
- Encourage Investment in Tourism and Hospitality sectors
- Exchange visits of tour Operators, decision or opinion makers, media for promotion of two-way tourism.
- Exchange experience in areas of promotion, marketing destination development and management.
- Encourage participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country
- Promote safe, honorable and sustainable tourism.
India and South Korea have enjoyed strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. Both countries are now desiring to strengthen and further develop established relationship in field of tourism. South Korea is one of leading tourist generating markets for India from East Asia region. Signing of this MoU will be instrumental in increasing arrival in India from this source market.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|