Atal Innovation Mission Launched Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-ANIC Initiative
Published: September 10, 2020
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, has launched the Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-Atal New India Challenges (ANIC) initiative. It will help in boosting research and innovation in Indian MSMEs and startups. The programe is being driven by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), four ministries namely, Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Food Processing Industries; Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs; and other associated industries so as to facilitate innovative solutions to different sectors.
About ARISE- ANIC initiative
It is a national program that seeks to promote research & innovation so as to increase competitiveness of Indian startups and MSMEs. The primary objective of program is to collaborate with associated Ministries and industries to facilitate research, innovation and innovative solutions to sectoral problems.
- The initiative would help to identify and promote innovations necessary for boosting MSME sector.
- It would solve the socio-economic problems through scientific research.
- It will help to promote technopreneurs.
- The program is going to support research–based innovations by providing fund support of up to Rs 50 lakh so as to speed up the development of the technology solution.
- It provides a steady stream of innovative products and solutions where the Central government will become the potential first buyers.
- This program is in compliance with the Make in India, Startup India, Aatmanirbhar Bharat initiatives in order to fast track the growth of MSME sector.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
The AIM is a flagship initiative of NITI Aayog. It promotes innovation and entrepreneurship across India. The mission is based on comprehensive study and research on innovation and entrepreneurial needs of India.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs