Assam CM appoints ‘Guardian Ministers’
Chief Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma, appointed “Guardian Ministers” in state.
Functions of Guardian Ministers
- Guardian Ministers will look after balanced, speedy and sustainable developments in all 34 districts of state.
- They will be responsible to implement and resolve issues (if any) related to schemes by state and Central government in districts.
- They will also supervise government’s policy decisions, administrative reforms and welfare schemes for public.
- They will see how quickly people can get benefit of government’s schemes and projects.
- They will frequently visit assigned districts in normal as well as in during emergency situations.
- They can also suggest policy decisions for the welfare and development of district to the government. Later, this matter will be considered by state cabinet.
- They will recommend awards for best practices in districts and prepare a ‘Vision Document’ consultation with district administration.
- They can also plan for infrastructural development and study resources available in district.
- Look after plan to provide employment to unemployed youths.
- Lastly, they will recommend district specific matters where Budget provision is required.
Allocation of districts
Out of the 13 ministers, eight ministers were allocated three districts each and five ministers were allocated two districts each.
Who is a Guardian Minister?
He/she is an ex-officio chairperson of the District Planning Committee (DPC), which is constituted in every district as per law. However, rule does not mention who should head the DPC. It can be headed by administration as well as by elected representatives.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
Category: Legal & Constitution Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|