Airtel launches 4G services in Mysore
Indian Telecom major Bharti Airtel has launched 4th Generation (4G) services in Mysuru (or Mysore), Karnataka.
With this launch, Airtel customers in Mysore can now access high speed access to the Internet using 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) technology and enjoy the most advanced Internet experience in India.
It should be noted that Bharti Airtel is first Telecom major in India to launch 4G LTE services in the country. They had launched the India’s first 4G services in Kolkata in April 2012. Later in the course of time they had expanded this service in other major cities including Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Mangalore, Pune, Chandigarh and Amritsar.
About 4G LTE
- 4G LTE is wireless communications standard developed by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
- It is one of several competing 4G standards along with WiMax (IEEE 802.16) and Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB).
- It is designed to provide up to 10x speeds of 3G networks for mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones, netbooks and wireless hotspots etc.
- It can provide internet speed of at least 100 Mbit per second (Mbps) to 1 GBit per second (Gbps).
- 4G technologies are designed to provide IP (Internet Protocol)-based voice, data and multimedia streaming at high speed.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015