AI ‘Ramanujan Machine’- Can find Hidden Patterns in Numbers
A new artificially intelligent “mathematician” which is called as the “Ramanujan Machine” have the potential to reveal the hidden relationships between numbers.
- Ramanujan machine comprises of the algorithms that seek out the mathematical conclusions. These mathematical conclusions are likely to be true but have not been proved.
- The set of algorithms has been named after the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- The new AI mathematician has been designed to pull out promising mathematical patterns from large sets of potential equations.
- The Ramanujan Machine has been designed with the goal to identify the promising conjectures in the first place.
- He was Born in the year 1887. He was a child prodigy who put forward many mathematical conjectures and proofs.
- He has also put forward the solutions to equations that had never before been solved or considered unsolved.
- He was an Indian mathematician lived during the British Rule in India.
- He had no formal training in pure mathematics but he made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, infinite series, number theory and continued fractions.
- He initially developed his own mathematical research in isolation and compiled around 3,900 results.
- In 1918, he was elected as a Fellow of The Royal Society London.
- He thus became the second Indian man to be inducted in the Royal Society of London after the marine engineer Ardaseer Cursetjee in 1841.
- He died in the year 1920.
- He had an innate feel for numbers and he kept his eyes for patterns
In the machine learning, an algorithm detects the patterns in large amounts of data. The detection of pattern is done with minimal direction from programmers. Machine learning finds its use in a variety of pattern-finding applications. It is used in the image recognition as well as in the discovery of drug.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|