70 crore Aadhaar cards generated so far
Government has announced that as many as 70.43 crore Aadhaar numbers have been generated by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as on November 15, 2014.
It was notified by Planning Minister Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
As per Government
- The Aadhaar saturation level is more than 90 per cent in 9 states and union territories (UTs).
- Between 75 per cent and 90 per cent in another 8 states/UTs.
- In the remaining 12 states/UTs, the Aadhaar saturation level is under 50 per cent.
- Government has allocated 24 states/UTs to UIDAI for Aadhaar enrolment and the remaining 12 states/UTs to Registrar General of India (RGI) for enrolment under National Population Register (NPR) process.
- At present, Aadhaar enrolments in the state/UTs not allocated to UIDAI are being undertaken by Registrar General of India under NPR process.
India's Mithali Raj becomes first to score 6000 runs in women’s ODI cricket
Indian captain Mithali Raj (34) scripted history by becoming first player in the history of women’...
5 States, 1 UT ink MoU with Centre on Government e-Marketplace
5 States and a Union Territory (UT) have formally adopted the Centre’s Government e-Marketplace (G...
Rajasthan: First State to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll
Rajasthan has become the first State in the country to lay down the minimum educational qualificatio...
India's forex reserves at record-high of $386.53 billion
According to RBI, India’s foreign exchange (Forex) reserves have increased by $4.007 billion t...
India plans to invite Leaders of ASEAN countries for 2018 Republic Day celebrations
India has planned to invite the ten leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) a...
Topics: Current Affairs - 2017
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|