1st India-Uzbekistan National Coordination Committee meeting held
The first meeting of the National Coordination Committees for monitoring implementation of mutually agreed projects between India and the Central Asian nation Uzbekistan has concluded.
What are the discussions made in the meeting?
- Both nations reexamined the activities of bilateral economic and trade cooperation which are in operation or planned for the future.
- The discussions also focused on the status of negotiations for concluding a Bilateral Investment Treaty, Preferential Trade Agreement, joint market access for agricultural outcome, verified project implementation under India’s Lines of Credit, LoC projects, cooperation between Gujarat and Andijan (Uzbekistan), and the Tashkent based India-Uzbekistan Entrepreneurship Development Centre.
What is the National Coordination Committee?
The Committee was set up under the supervision of the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev. The objective of the committee is to conduct discussions and implementation of various mutually agreed projects.
- India and Uzbekistan have a bilateral trade agreement turnover of more than 300 million USD.
- India’s Pharmaceuticals is a key area for trade and investment.
- The automobile and hospitality industry also plays a significant role in trade.
- Medical tourism to India showed an increasing trend.
- Both countries jointly set up a Joint IT Centre and IT Park.
India-Kazakhstan sign Memorandum of Understanding
On November 17, 2020, India and Kazakhstan held seventh round of foreign office consultations via vi...
5th India-Mexico High level Group on Trade, investment and cooperation held
The fifth meeting of India Mexico bilateral high-level group on trade, investment and cooperation wa...
Iran drops off India from Chabahar Rail Project
On July 14, 2020, the Iranian Government announced that it is to move ahead with construction of rai...
India-Afghanistan sign MoUs
On July 5, 2020, India and Afghanistan signed five Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) to develop educa...
India-Bhutan sign agreements on Hydroelectric Projects
On June 29, 2020, India and Bhutan signed an agreement on a Hydroelectric power project. The agreeme...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|