The AIM-PRIME (Program for Researchers in Innovation, Market Readiness, and Entrepreneurship) Playbook has been launched by NITI Aayog.
What is the aim of the AIM-PRIME playbook?
The AIM-PRIME playbook has been launched with the aim of promoting early-stage deep technology ideas that are science-based to the market via guidance and training for a period of over 12 months. This will be done by using a learning curriculum that will be blended in nature. The area of focus will be on deep technology entrepreneurship that will be science-based as well as knowledge-intensive.
Who will be implementing the AIM-PRIME programme?
This programme is a national project of NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission. It is being implemented by Venture Centre, Pune in association with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Venture Centre is a non-profit technology business incubator that is being hosted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research–National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL).
Who will be the beneficiaries of this programme?
The beneficiaries include:
- Technology developers who have deep tech business ideas that are science-based.
- CEOs as well as Senior incubation managers of Atal Incubation Centres that are looking to support deep tech entrepreneurs.
What are the other benefits of the AIM-PRIME programme?
- PRIME Library- it is a curated information source that is shared by expert mentors and the faculty of the programme.
- PRIME Videos- an open-access collection of videos of all the lectures that have been delivered in the PRIME Classroom.
What will the candidates selected for this programme get access to?
The candidates who will be selected for this programme will be getting access to various kinds of in-depth learning through:
- team projects
- lecture series
- mentoring that will be project-specific
- various exercises
The candidates will also be able to access a playbook that will be related to deep-tech start-ups as well as various other learning opportunities.
What is deep technology?
Deep technology is mostly start-up companies that are looking to provide technology solutions that are based on various important engineering and scientific challenges as well as scientific discoveries and advances. Deep Tech is generally set apart due to its intense enabling power and the changes it can create.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022