GKToday Archives: February, 2022
1. ‘Dharma Guardian’ Exercise is an annual Military Exercise between India and which country? [A] Sri Lanka[B] Japan[C] Australia[D] UAE Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Japan] Notes:India and Japan has commenced their annual Dharma Guardian exercise in Karnataka. The exercise began from February 27 to March 10. The 15th battalion of the Maratha Light Infantry ..
1. Which space mission/ satellite of ISRO has detected ‘Solar proton events’ for the first time? [A] Chandrayaan-1[B] Chandrayaan-2[C] Mars Orbiter Mission[D] Mangalyaan 2 Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Chandrayaan-2] Notes:Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter has detected solar proton events, via its Large Area Soft X-ray Spectrometer (CLASS). The proton events are said to increase the radiation exposure ..
1. Which state/UT recently approved the Policy on promotion of foreign investment in the industrial sector? [A] Goa[B] Assam[C] Jammu and Kashmir[D] Ladakh Show Answer Correct Answer: C [Jammu and Kashmir] Notes:The Administrative Council (AC) under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, approved the policy on promotion of foreign investment in the industrial sector ..
1. Which Union Ministry implements the ‘Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)’ scheme? [A] Ministry of Road Transport and Highways[B] Ministry of Rural Development[C] Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare[D] Ministry of Panchayati Raj Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Ministry of Rural Development] Notes:Union Ministry of Rural Development implements the ‘Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana ..
1. What is the name of the new week-long commemoration before the ‘National Science Day’? [A] Atmanirbhar Vigyan[B] Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate[C] Celebration of Science in Past[D] ‘Science in Culture’ Celebrations Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate] Notes:A week-long commemoration event titled Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate was launched by Union Minister of Science and Technology ..