GKToday Archives: October, 2021
1. Which country houses La Lloreria or the Crying Room for promoting mental wellness? [A] Germany[B] Italy[C] Spain[D] Denmark Show Answer Correct Answer: C [Spain] Notes:Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez announced a 100-million-euro ($116 million) mental healthcare drive, including 24-hour suicide helpline. La Lloreria, or the Crying Room was inaugurated in Madrid, which aims to ..
1. Praggnanandhaa, who was seen in the news recently, is associated with which game? [A] Cricket[B] Chess[C] Soccer[D] Volleyball Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Chess] Notes:Praggnanandhaa is Indian ace Chess player and is one of the young Grandmasters of the country. Recently, he won Julius Baer Challengers Chess Tour by winning against his American opponent ..
1. Which country was recently hit by the tropical storm Kompasu? [A] Philippines[B] USA[C] Indonesia[D] Germany Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Philippines] Notes:Tropical storm Kompasu hit the Philippines and left dead at least 19 people. The storm has triggered landslides and flash floods as it crossed the northern tip of the Asia-Pacific islands. Another 14 ..
1. Sela tunnel, which was seen in the news recently, is located in which Indian state? [A] Uttarakhand[B] Sikkim[C] Arunachal Pradesh[D] Assam Show Answer Correct Answer: C [Arunachal Pradesh] Notes:Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually conducted the final breakthrough blast of the Sela tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh, recently. The construction of the tunnel is expected to ..
1. Which institution has formed a Scientific Advisory Group for the Origins on Novel Pathogens (SAGO)? [A] UNICEF[B] World Health Organisation[C] FAO[D] John Hopkins University Show Answer Correct Answer: B [World Health Organisation] Notes:The Director-General of the World Health Organisation has set up the WHO Scientific Advisory Group for the Origins on Novel Pathogens (SAGO). ..