Page-2 of GKToday Archives: April, 2016
1. In which cropping pattern, the crops are grown in the inter spaces between rows of planted trees? [A] Relay cropping [B] Mixed cropping [C] Inter-cropping [D] Alley cropping Answer: Alley croppingNotes: A cropping system where crops are grown in the inter spaces between rows of planted trees is called Alley cropping. It is a ..
1. Who has won the 2016 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award? [A]Lewis Hamilton [B]Usain Bolt [C]Novak Djokovic [D]Lionel Messi Answer: Novak DjokovicNotes: Novak Djokovic of Serbia has won the 2016 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award in Berlin, Germany. Beside this, 2016 Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year Award has been awarded ..
1. The Indian Army’s battle exercise ‘Shatrujeet’ was conducted in which district of India? [A]Bikaner [B]Vadodara [C]Meerut [D]Jaisalmer Answer: BikanerNotes: The Indian Army’s tank exercise ‘Shatrujeet’ was conducted in the deserts of Bikaner district of Rajasthan 2. According to a report by World Bank, which of the following country has received largest sum through remittances ..
Question Category: Current Affairs
1. As of 2016, with which of the following countries, India has NOT signed an agreement in Civil Nuclear Cooperation? [A]Namibia [B]Mongolia [C]Japan [D]South Korea Answer: JapanNotes: So far India has signed Civil Nuclear Agreements with United States, Russia, France, Mongolia, Namibia, Argentina, Canada, Kazakhstan, South Korea. 2. Which of the following was the last ..
1. ‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ a nationwide campaign, was started from which city of India? [A]Mhow [B]Akbarpur [C]Surat [D]Varanasi Answer: MhowNotes: Mhow, officially known as Dr Ambedkar Nagar, is a cantonment in the Indore District in Madhya Pradesh state of India. The Central Government, in collaboration with States and Panchayats, is carrying out ..
1. Which of the following were the main gases in the initial atmosphere of Protoearth? [A]Hydrogen and Helium [B]Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide [C]Hydrogen and Nitrogen [D]Oxygen and Carbon dioxide Answer: Hydrogen and HeliumNotes: Protoearth, more massive and larger than Earth today, was molten and homogenous. The initial atmosphere, composed mostly of hydrogen and helium, was ..
Question Category: World Geography