GKToday Archives: September, 2014
1. Who among the following has been recently awarded Saraswati Samman for his book “Dhool Paudhon Par”? [A]Sunil Gangopadhyay [B]Govind Mishra [C]Narendra Kohli [D]Amar Kanth Govind Mishra Govind Mishra has won the Saraswati Samman for his work Dhool Paudhon Par. The novel deals with life and struggles of the modern Indian woman. Saraswati Samman is ..
1. Which Indian snooker player has announced his retirement from professional snooker? [A]Pankaj Advani [B]Subhash Agarwal [C]Aditya Mehta [D]Geet Sethi Pankaj Advani Pankaj Advani recently announced to retire after Indian Snooker Open in September 2014. 2. What is India’s rank in the list of world’s largest crude-oil importing countries in the world? [A]First [B]Second [C]Third ..
1. Which nationalized Indian Bank has recently completed 150 years of its operations in Sri Lanka? [A]Allahabad Bank [B]Punjab and Sind Bank [C]Bank of Maharashtra [D]State Bank of India State Bank of India State Bank of India, Colombo was set up in 1864 and has been operational ever since. It was initially opened to handle ..
1. Which Prime Minister of India had started the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana? [A]PV Narsimha Rao [B]Manmohan Singh [C]Atal Bihari Vajpayee [D]Narendra Modi Atal Bihari Vajpayee Atal Bihari Vajpayee started the PMGSY which is news due to the recent road projects which will be developed by the government in Jammu and Kashmir. 2. WHO ..
1. Who among the following is first Spaniard to win World Badminton Championship? [A]Yoana Martinez Barbero [B]Maria Kristin [C]Erin Carroll [D]Carolina Marin Carolina Marin Carolina Marin became the first Spaniard to win World Badminton Championship held at Denmark. She defeated World number One Li Xuerui of China. 2. Which Committee has been appointed by the ..