GKToday Archives: November, 2013
1. Which among the following is the largest steel producing company of the world? [A]ArcelorMittal [B]Nippon Steel [C]Hebei Group [D]Baosteel Group ArcelorMittal Options A, B, C and D are largest steel producers of the world respectively. 2. Which of the following correctly represents the world’s top four largest steel producing countries? [A]China, Japan, US and ..
1. The Dhanush missile is a naval variant of India’s indigenously developed ___missile? [A]Akash [B]Trishul [C]Agni [D]Prithvi Prithvi Dhanush is a variant of the surface-to-surface Prithvi II missile, which has been developed for the Indian Navy. It is capable of carrying both conventional as well as nuclear warheads with pay-load capacity of 500 kg and ..
1. The United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP) has recently issued a warning about the nitrous oxide, which is now biggest threat to the ozone layer. Which among the following is the biggest human activity, that causes maximum nitrous oxide emission? [A]Agriculture [B]Industries [C]Mining [D]Automobiles Agriculture Nitrous oxide is one of several greenhouse agents which are ..
1. Who among the following will be awarded the “Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2013”? [A]Julian Gillard [B]Hilary Clinton [C]Angela Merkel [D]Sheikh Hasina Angela Merkel German Chancellor Angela Markel will be awarded the “Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2013”. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh headed jury has chosen ..
1. The “Swarm Mission”, which aims to study the Earth’s magnetic field is proposed to be launched by? [A]NASA [B]European Space Agency [C]ISRO [D]Russian Space Agency European Space Agency Swarm is a European Space Agency mission to study the Earth’s magnetic field. The swarm constellation consists of three satellites to be placed in two different ..