18 Model Questions on GS-III: Issues Related to Direct and Indirect Farm Subsidies and Minimum Support Prices for UPSC Mains Examinations
- As a member of World Trade Organization (WTO), mention the domestic support measures available to countries under the Agreement on Agriculture. In this context, analyse the ‘peace clause’ provision.
- Explain the difference between direct and indirect farm subsidies and also mention their merits and demerits.
- India’s policy of price intervention in the agricultural sector has done more harm than benefit. It has created a skewed agricultural market and complicated matters related to international trade rules. Critically discuss.
- Discuss the challenges faced by jute industry in India. What are the steps taken by the government to address these challenges?
- There are several issues that are plaguing the crop procurement process in India. Discuss the measures to strengthen crop procurement in India.
- How a multi-prolonged strategy can aid in addressing farm distress?