Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center
R.K. Singh, Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, along with Krishan Pal Gurjar, the Minister of State for Power, has launched virtually the Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center (Virtual SGKC) and Innovation Park.
- The SGKCs digital twin is the virtual SGKC, which replicates the facilities which are available in SGKC via an online platform.
- POWERGRID established the Virtual SGKC with support from the Ministry of Power (MOP) for the advancement and demonstration of technologies related to smart grids.
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID) provided technical assistance to set up the center.
- The newly launched Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Centre is located within Manesar’s POWERGRID centre and is the government’s first of its kind initiative.
- This platform also hosts the solutions that are physically present at SGKC’s Manesar premises. This includes smart homes, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Outage Management System (OMS), microgrids, etc.
- The Virtual SGKC platform provides remote access to all the existing SGKC offerings. Currently, the platform hosts more than 50 solutions from more than 30 technology partners across eight theme areas, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, and IoT.
Aim of the SGKC
SGKC aims to be one of the top centres of excellence for smart grid technology innovation, entrepreneurship, and research, as well as building capacity in the power distribution industry.
About Smart Grid Knowledge Center
In 2018, the SGKC was established by POWERGRID at Manesar, Haryana with support from the Ministry of Power. The SGKC was set up to bring capacity building and awareness on the application of Smart Grid technologies to utilities and other stakeholders in the power sector.
SGKC has working models of smart grid technology, as well as state-of-the-art training infrastructure, to provide hands-on training in this field. On a national and international level, the centre has already trained over 500 experts in the power sector.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|