Udarashakti: India-Malaysia Air force exercise
Udarashakti is a bilateral exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF). The four-day bilateral exercises recently started in Malaysia.
- In Udarashakti 2022, Indian Air Force is taking part in air exercise with Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft.
- On the other hand, Malaysian Air Force is taking part with Su 30 MKM aircraft.
- During the four days, various aerial combat drills will be conducted between two Air Forces.
Significance of the exercise include;
- Exercise will secure the long-standing bond of friendship and enhance the line of defence cooperation between both the armies. Thus, it will strengthen security in the region.
- Through this exercise, IAF will get an opportunity to share and learn best practices with the Royal Malaysian Air Force. They would also discuss mutual combat capabilities.
The first bilateral Air Force exercise that staged frontline Sukhoi-30 combat aircraft was conducted in 2018. From 2008 to 2010, the Indian Air Force Training Team was deployed in Malaysia to give training to Malaysian pilots on the SU-30SKM aircraft.
Indian Air Force (IAF)
IAF is the air wing of Indian Armed Forces. With respect to personnel and aircraft assets, Indian air force is ranked third worldwide. Its main objective is to secure Indian airspace and conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict. It was set up on October 8, 1932.
Royal Malaysian Air Force
It was established on June 2, 1958.
Category: Defence Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|