Tribal Health Care Research Programme
The Tribal Health Care Research Program (THCRP) was started by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), an autonomous organization under Central Government, in 1982. The project is executed in 14 states through 15 research institutes under the Council.
The aim & objectives of THCRP are as under: –
- To Study the living conditions of tribal people
- To Collect information related to health statistics
- To study dietetic habits, nature and frequency of prevalent diseases, use of common medicinal plants in the area
- To provide medical aid at the door steps of tribals.
- To propagate knowledge about Ayurvedic concept of Pathy-apathya including hygiene habits, dietary practice.
- To prevent diseases by adopting healthy way of living & clean environment (Swachhata)
- To collect LHTs/folk medicines/ traditional practices prevalent in the area.
The tribal way of living is different from the mainstream. The THCRP aims to provide health solutions in the tribal areas recognising the tribal way of life. [PIB]
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|