SVAMITVA E-Property Cards distributed
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the distribution of E-Property Cards under the Svamitva Scheme. Around 4.09 lakh property cards were distributed. The cards were distributed on the side-lines of National Panchayati Raj Day celebrations.
National Panchayati Raj Day
Every year, the National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated on April 24. It is celebrated on this day as the Panchayati Raj Act was enacted on this day.
- The Svamitva Scheme was launched in 2020 on National Panchayati Raj day.
- Svamitva is Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- The scheme aims to provide integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- Under the scheme, the mapping is to be done in a phase-wise manner between 2020 and 2024.
- The scheme will map the land parcels using drone technology. Also, Continously Operating Reference Station (CORS) will be used for demarcation.
- The scheme is currently applicable only in the states of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- The Government of India has allotted Rs 79.65 crores for the scheme.
Objectives of the scheme
- To provide financial Stability to people in rural areas as land can be used as an asset to get a loan.
- To create accurate land records. This will help in better rural planning.
- It will help to support the Gram Panchayat Development Plan.
- It will help solve property related disputes in rural areas.
- Over six lakh rural people are to be benefitted from the scheme.
- The “Record of Rights” is to be provided under the scheme through land or property registrations.
- It will help monetise rural residential assets.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|