‘Super follows’: Twitter launches new feature
Twitter launched a long-promised “Super Follows” feature on September 1, 2021.
- The ‘Super follow’ feature allows creators to sell subscriptions in order to access the special content.
- This feature was launched as Twitter strives to be a preferred online venue for clickable stars and seeks to boost its own income in the manner that it doesn’t clutter the platform up with ads or promotions.
- Influencers such as makeup artists and sports experts will be able to offer “behind the scenes” content, early access or other such perks to their subscribers. For this they can charge a ranging from $3-$10 per month.
- It will also help people to create an extra level of conversation on Twitter in order to interact authentically with their most engaged followers along with earning money.
- Creating content under this feature is for anyone who brings their unique perspectives and personalities to Twitter in a bid to drive the public conversation.
Twitter had been testing this Super Follows feature and it was launched officially with a small group of creators in North America. The option to follow participating creators will be made available to people globally using Twitter on Apple mobile devices soon.
Devices with this feature
The feature will be brought to smartphones powered by Android software as well as to the twitter.com website, reached through browsers.
Twitter will not take more than three percent of subscriptions as a transaction fee until a creator makes $50,000 at the platform. For amount above $50,000, Twitter’s share will increase to 20 percent. App store fees will be paid by creators selling the subscriptions and it can be as much as 30 percent of transactions.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|