SIDBI – D&B SPeX
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and Dun & Bradstreet have recently inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to create the SIDBI-D&D Sustainability Perception Index (SIDBI – D&B SPeX).
- The SIDBI – D&B SPeX will be released every quarter to nudge businesses towards adopting Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) framework in their business strategy over the coming years.
- It is capture the sentiments of businesses on various business parameters, which will be analysed broadly to provide valuable insights on the adoption of ESG framework.
- The index will later be expanded to include the sectoral and sub sectoral perceptions or aspirations as well as preparedness of businesses to improve their ESG.
- The survey will encompass views about the previous quarter as well as the outlook for the upcoming quarter. This enables assessment of changing sentiments over a 6-month period.
- The survey will cover sentiments and awareness of over 250 MSMEs each quarter from the D&B/SIDBI database of MSMEs.
- It will help assess the role and consequences of regulations and government policies on environmental practices of MSMEs and how such practices are hindering the environmental sustainability of the sector.
- It will also cover the role and impact of social aspects like community, diversity, equal opportunity and competition.
- It will also capture data on critical events that have impact on the MSME sector.
- It will analyse the implementation of sustainability practices across the value chain and assess the impact of internal drivers in various organizations.
- The index will improve the experience of investors, create benchmark for sustainable businesses and business practices providing value for all stakeholders.
- Its ultimate aim is to make Indian economy and markets more attractive for sustainable capital and investment.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|