Second Global summit on Covid-19
The Second Global Summit on COVID-19 was recently held virtually.
- Who hosted the Second Global Summit on COVID-19?
- What are the objectives of the Second Global Summit on COVID-19?
- What is the theme of the Second Global COVID Summit?
- What are the commitments by India?
- What are the commitments by the USA?
- What are the highlights of PM Modi’s speech at the summit’s opening session?
- What is INSACOG?
- Who set up the INSACOG?
Who hosted the Second Global Summit on COVID-19?
The summit was co-hosted by the United States, Belize, Germany, Indonesia, and Senegal.
What are the objectives of the Second Global Summit on COVID-19?
- To accelerate efforts to increase global vaccine coverage.
- To enhance access to tests and treatments.
- To protect the health workers.
- To ensure health security for future health crises.
What is the theme of the Second Global COVID Summit?
Preventing Pandemic Fatigue and Prioritizing Preparedness.
What are the commitments by India?
India said it will continue efforts to extend the coverage of COVID-19 booster doses to eligible populations and strive towards complete vaccination coverage for India’s adult population. India highlighted the increased funding allocated for the health sector in the recent budget and said that it will increase the number of integrated public health labs, as well as bio-safety labs. India also said that it is committed to supplying vaccines to neighboring countries and will share COVID-19 genomic data.
What are the commitments by the USA?
President Joe Biden said that the USA will share technologies used to make Covid-19 vaccines through the WHO. The USA will contribute an additional $200 million to a global health fund.
What are the highlights of PM Modi’s speech at the summit’s opening session?
- PM highlighted the contribution of India’s Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) to the global database on COVID-19.
- PM said that India fully vaccinated almost 90% of the adult population and supplied around 200 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to 98 countries.
- He said that India manufactures 4 World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccines.
- PM called for reforms in World Health Organization (WHO) to create resilient global health security architecture.
What is INSACOG?
Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) is a consortium of 38 labs to monitor the genomic variations in SARS-CoV-2.
Who set up the INSACOG?
INSACOG is set up under the Union Health Ministry of Health and Family welfare.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|