PM to address Har Ghar Jal Utsav in Goa
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to address the Har Ghar Jal Utsav, which is being organised in Goa, on August 19, 2022. Har Ghar Jal Utsav is being held under Jal Jeevan Mission. On this occasion, QR code payment system for water bills will also be inaugurated.
- Goa is first Har Ghar Jal Certified State.
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu are first Union Territory in India to achieve 100% har ghar jal certification.
- Across the State of Goa and both the Union Territories, all the villages have declared themselves as Har Ghar Jal villages. It was declared using a resolution passed by Gram Sabha.
- All the 2 lakh 63 thousand rural households in Goa and more than 85000 villages UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu are now having access to safe drinking water using tap connection.
- All schools, public institutions like Gram Panchayat buildings, community centres, healthcare centres, Anganwadi centres and other government offices are having access to potable water.
Jal Jeevan Mission:
This flagship mission is being run by central government with the aim of providing potable tap water supply to every rural household by 2024. Over 52% rural households in India are now getting tap water which was just 17% in August 2019. It was launched on August 15, 2019.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|