NITI Aayog’s Fourth Health Index released
On December 27, 2021, the NITI Aayog released its fourth Health Index.
- The fourth round of Index took into account the period 2019-20 as reference year.
- NITI Aayog prepared this report in collaboration with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare as well as with the technical assistance from the World Bank.
- According to NITI Aayog’s health index, Kerala has emerged as the top performer with respect to overall health performance among larger states. On the other hand, Uttar Pradesh has been ranked the last.
- However, Uttar Pradesh topped in terms of incremental performance since it registered the highest incremental change in reference year 2019-20 as compared to the base year 2018-19.
- Tamil Nadu emerged as second while Telangana emerged as the third best performers, on health parameters.
- Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra have been ranked among top five.
- Bihar is the second and Madhya Pradesh is the third worst performers, on health parameters.
- In smaller states category, Mizoram became the best performer in overall performance and incremental performance.
- Among Union Territories, Delhi and Jammu & Kashmir have been ranked among bottom UTs with respect to overall performance. However, they emerged as leading performer with respect to incremental performance.
- In terms of health performance, Kerala emerged as the best state, for the fourth time.
- Kerala and Tamil Nadu were top two performers with highest reference year (2019-20) index score, in terms of overall performance. However, they have been ranked twelfth and eighth in terms of incremental performance.
- Telangana secured the third place in terms of overall performance as well as incremental performance.
- Rajasthan was the worst performer, in terms of overall performance and incremental performance.
- Among smaller states, Mizoram & Tripura registered strong overall performance. They also showed improvements in incremental performance.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|