NITI Aayog: Experience Studio on Drones
An experience studio on drones at NITI Aayog was launched by the Union Minister of Civil Aviation.
- What is the aim of the experience studio on drones?
- How the experience studio on drones will be beneficial to the drone industry?
- What are the highlights of the minister’s speech at the launch event?
- What competitions were launched by the minister?
- How the government is promoting the adoption of drones?
What is the aim of the experience studio on drones?
To create a collaborative ecosystem, thereby encouraging innovation and pushing for the usage of drones for public services.
How the experience studio on drones will be beneficial to the drone industry?
- It will promote various applications of drones and helps in building a robust drone industry in India.
- Start-ups can showcase their innovations and unique solutions with the help of an experience studio.
- The government departments can have direct experience with drone technologies and consider using them in the delivery of public services.
What are the highlights of the minister’s speech at the launch event?
- The minister said that India’s drone sector is on the path of exponential growth, therefore India requires more than 1,00,000 drone pilots in the near future.
- Minister also said that India can be a global drone hub by 2030. For that, we need to push for the usage of drones in various sectors.
- He mentioned that the government is taking various steps to make drone services easily accessible to all citizens of India.
- He also announced the launch of various competitions, which will be held by NITI Aayog in collaboration with the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA).
What competitions were launched by the minister?
- Drones for Social Impact Competition: This competition is for the start-up community to enable them to showcase their capabilities in bringing solutions to critical problems.
- Robotics Workshop and Competition: This competition is for students of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) to encourage the spirit of innovation.
How the government is promoting the adoption of drones?
The government is liberalizing the drone rules and increasing awareness regarding drones through programs like Drone Shakti and Kisan Drones.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|