NIRF Rankings 2022 – Highlights
NIRF Rankings 2022 were released on July 15, 2022 by the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- In year 2022, rankings were announced in 11 categories viz., Engineering, Colleges, Universities, Management, Overall, Medical, Law, Architecture, Research, Dental, and Pharmacy.
- Number of colleges or universities or institutions taking part in NIRF ranking has been increasing over the year.
- In 2021 rankings, 6,000 colleges took part for eleven categories. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad was ranked first that year, in management category. It was followed by IIM Bangalore, and IIM Kolkata.
NIRF Rankings 2022-highlights
- In Engineering institutes category, IIT Madras has been ranked at first position.
- In Medical college category, AIIMS New Delhi has been ranked as best.
- Savitha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai was ranked best in dental college category.
- Miranda House was tagged as best college, followed by Hindu college and Presidency college.
- IIM Ahmedabad was ranked as best B-school in India, in management category. IIM Bangalore ranked 2nd while IIM Calcutta 3rd.
What is NIRF Ranking?
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) is provided by Ministry of Human resource development. Ministry has launched the NIRF on September 29, 2025. It provides a methodology for providing rank to institutions across India in different categories. This methodology is prepared from overall recommendations and broad understanding, which was arrived at by a Core Committee. This committee was formed by MHRD, in a bid to identify broad parameters of providing ranks to universities and institutions. The parameters cover- Teaching, Learning & Resources; Graduation outcomes; Research & Professional Practices; Perception and Outreach & Inclusivity.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|