National Innovation Conclave on Low Carbon Technologies
On March 1, 2022, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), commemorated its 20th Foundation Day, by organising “National Innovation Conclave” on Low Carbon Technologies.
National Innovation Conclave on Low Carbon Technologies.
- The National Innovation Conclave on Low Carbon technologies is a platform to present innovations that are showing benefits of energy savings and greenhouse gas emission reduction potential when they are deployed at a large scale in industrial and commercial sectors.
- On the occasion, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy, R.K. Singh, delivered special address and emphasized that there is a need to establish a robust ecosystem for innovation.
- Apart from him, Minister of State of Power & Heavy Industries, Krishan Pa l Gurjar, noted that, Energy saving is our responsibility. It is of immense importance to take steps for Energy conservation and make India cleaner and greener.
- The conclave showcased several low carbon technology innovations developed and validated with the support of FLCTD project.
- About 35 innovators participated in exposition organised under the event.
- A compendium of the FLCTD Accelerator was also released and the winners were facilitated.
Focus of the conclave
National Innovation Conclave focussed on challenges in low-carbon innovation such as need for financing towards commercialization and scale up. The conclave also held sessions deliberating on innovating technologies, FLCTD’s Accelerator programme and investments in cleantech innovation.
Facility for Low Carbon Technology Deployment (FLCTD) project
The FLCTD project is financed by Global Environment Facility (GEF). It is implemented by United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) in association with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Since 2018, this project has conducted four rounds of innovation challenges. It has received 558 applications against innovation challenges. 59 winners were selected by expert members.
When was FLCTF launched?
The Facility for Low Carbon Technology Deployment (FLCTD) Project was launched in 2016. It was launched with an objective of identifying innovative energy efficiency and low carbon technology solutions, to address the existing technology gaps in Indian industrial and commercial sectors.
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|