National Digital Tourism Mission
The draft report for setting up of National Digital Tourism Mission is published for feedback from the public. The tourism ministry has invited final comments on the draft report.
- In July 2021, an inter-ministerial task force for National Digital Tourism Mission was constituted by the Ministry of Tourism. The mandate of the task force is to:
- Consult the tourism industry and experts.
- Define the mission, vision, objectives, and scope of the National Digital Tourism Mission.
- The inter-ministerial task force prepared a draft report on National Digital Tourism Mission, which laid down:
- Domain and technology principles.
- Standards and governance structure.
- Plan for the implementation of the National Digital Tourism Mission.
Observations in the draft report
- The draft report highlighted that the tourism sector is highly fragmented and there are many challenges in subsectors of tourism such as transport, accommodation, restaurants, etc. However, there are many opportunities in these sectors.
- The draft report noted that the tourism sector is unable to reap the combinatorial benefits of information exchange because most of the tourism systems developed by the government and the private sector are currently functioning in silos.
- The current data systems don’t interact with each other using a common language, thereby hindering data analytics and the subsequent policy-making. Thus, there is a need for seamless and standardized data exchange among various stakeholders of the tourism sector.
About the National Digital Tourism Mission
The National Digital Tourism Mission aims to bridge the current information gap among various stakeholders of the tourism sector with the help of a digital highway. The objective is to harness the full potential of digitization in the tourism sector by enabling the exchange of information and services.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|