National Air Sports Policy 2022
India’s first National Air Sports Policy (NASP 2022) has been released by Ministry of Civil Aviation. It aims to provide a safe, accessible, sustainable, and affordable air sports ecosystem in India. It has a vision of making country a hub for air sports nation by 2030.
Features of the Policy
- It has a provision of a four-tier governance structure:
- Air Sports Federation of India (ASFI) as apex governing body,
- National associations for individual air sports or a group of air sports,
- Regional or state and union territory level units of national air sports associations and
- District-level air sports associations.
- The air sports associations will be accountable to ASFI on the matter of regulatory oversight and for providing safe, affordable, accessible, enjoyable and sustainable conduct of their respective air sport.
- NASP 2022 includes sports such as aeromodelling, aerobatics, amateur-built and experimental aircraft, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, drones, paragliding, microlighting, skydiving, paramotoring, and vintage aircraft.
- ASFI will represent India at FAI as well as other global platforms of air sports. Through this, greater participation and success of Indian sportspersons will be facilitated at global air sports events.
- It will help in promoting Domestic design, development and manufacturing of air sports equipment, in line with Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
What is FAI?
FAI stands for the “Federation Aeronautique Internationale”. It is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland. FAI is the world governing body for air sports. In India, all competitions in India will held in accordance with guidelines given by FAI.
Air Sports in India
The Air sports comprises of several sports events, which will be held in air medium. India, being a developing country, has a huge potential to become one of the top countries in air sports, worldwide. India has a favourable weather and huge geographical expansion which can be a way of promoting air sports. India has a massive population, where youth is a major part who will show greater participation in the sports.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|