NASSCOM Responsible AI Hub and Resource Kit
The NASSCOM has launched the Responsible AI Hub and resource kit to support the responsible adoption of the artificial intelligence.
- National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has collaborated with industry partners like Microsoft, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), IBM Research, Deloitte and Fractal Analytics to launch the Responsible AI Hub and resource kit.
- Its aim is to ensure a responsible adoption of AI at scale. While AI technology is driving the digital economy and even the consumer awareness is improving, trust in the technology is still low. For instance, Microsoft had to withdraw public access to its AI-powered facial analysis tool in 2019 after it was found to reveal people’s details like age and gender.
- The kit will be maintained by NASSCOM as an evolving reference, built based on latest research and best practices from the industry, academia, think tanks, civil society organizations and the government.
- The resource kit provides sector-regulation tools and guidance to help businesses harness AI technology to confidently scale-up, even while ensuring user safety and trust.
- It helps businesses to assess AI solutions’ development and deployment, on their own, for ethical compliance.
- The kit also recommends management structures and tools for assessing and mitigating ethical risks that may arise from the deployment of AI-powered solutions.
What is AI Adoption Index?
The AI Adoption Index is NASSCOM’s noteworthy contribution with regards to the artificial intelligence. It was compiled in collaboration with Microsoft, Ernst & Young, Capgemini and EX. Launched in June, it is a first of its kind maturity assessment framework to track the level of AI penetration in the country. It tracks AI adoption in 4 sectors – BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance), healthcare, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) and Retail and Industrial and Automotive sector.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|