MP: Second State to implement NEP 2020
Madhya Pradesh government implemented the National Education Policy-2020 (NEP-2020) in the state on August 26, 2021.
- MP became the second state in India to implement NEP-2020 following Karnataka.
- This new education policy will break all the shackles and help students in exploring outside their boundaries. “
- Earlier, students were required to study subjects prescribed in a course. But now they will have the option to choose their subjects according to their interests.
- NEP 2020 also focuses on National Service Scheme (NSS), National Cadet Corps (NCC) and skill-based subjects.
- It will be implemented in all regions of the state, including 16 government universities and 40 private universities, in some four years.
National Education Policy, 2020
Union Cabinet has approved the new NEP 2020 with the aim of introducing several changes in Indian education system, from school to college level. This policy was launched with the aim of making “India a global knowledge superpower”.
NEP proposes for universalization of education from preschool to secondary level and seeks to achieve 100% Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in school education by the year 2030. It will bring 2 crores out of school children back into the mainstream by the means of open schooling system. 10+2 system has been replaced by a new 5+3+3+4 curricular structure under the new policy.
Other features of NEP 2020
NEP emphasis on Foundational Literacy & Numeracy and provides for no rigid separation between academic streams, vocational streams and extracurricular streams in schools. Vocational Education will start from Class 6 with Internships, as per the policy. It also provides for teaching up to at least Grade 5 in mother tongue or regional language. No language will be imposed on student.
Category: Legal & Constitution Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|