Jharkhand : Block chain-based Seed distribution
In a significant development to revolutionize agriculture in the country Jharkhand government and global blockchain technology company, SettleMint jointly announced the successful launch of seed distribution to farmers based on blockchain technology.
- The move is aimed at reducing pilferage and getting rid of spurious seeds that the farmers receive under various government schemes including the seed exchange scheme.
- At present, more than 3 lakh farmers are registered on the platform, and so far 30,000 quintals of seeds have been distributed. More than 300 seed varieties of over 30 crops have been distributed at subsidized rates during both Kharif and Rabi seasons.
- In this type of system each farmer is registered on the blockchain-based platform along with their Aadhaar number and mobile number and information on seed distribution is updated on the system after the farmers enter the OTP they receive.
What is Block Chain System ?
- Block chain system has been started by the Agriculture Department to give the benefits of the schemes to the farmers of the state in the right way.
- In this technique middlemen can never come between the department and the farmer. In this system a chain has been made between the seed company and the farmers. In this, when the seed company sends seeds to the farmers of the state, then there is an online entry.
- Along with this, when and in what way the seed released from the company has reached which farmer, its tracking is done. All the information remains online until the seed reaches the Lampus or Pax. Along with this, even when the seeds are distributed to the farmers, it is also tracked.
Advantage of Block Chain System
Block chain system is better because through this, the complete information of the farmer who is taking benefit is with the department. Through this, the department can know that if the farmer has been given the benefit of the scheme, then which variety seeds have been given to him. Farmers have also got information in this regard that they will get the benefit of that scheme. Through this technology, monitoring of distribution of seeds has become easy.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|