The Indian government recently launched the JALDOOT App and JALDOOT App e-brochure.
- The JALDOOT application was jointly developed by union ministries of Panchayat and Rural Development.
- This app can be used by Gram Rojgar Sahyak to measure the water level in a well twice a year before and after monsoon.
- It enables the systematic collection of data on ground water levels and storing them in central digital database for analysis.
- This data can be used for the implementation of Gram Panchayat Development Plan and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- Using this app, water levels of 2 to 3 wells in a village will be captured.
- The water levels in open wells will be measured twice a year – from May 1 to 31 as pre-monsoon water level and again from October 1 to 31 as post-monsoon level.
- Jaldoots (officers involved in measuring the water levels), will upload the geo-tagged photograph through the app on every occasion of measurement.
- The application would work both online and offline mode. In the offline mode, Jaldoots will be able to capture the water level even without internet connections and the captured date will be stored in the mobile. When the app comes online, the data will be uploaded and synchronized with the central server.
- The data in this application will be stored in the National Water Informatics Centre (NWIC), which will help in the creation of various reports through comprehensive assessment and analysis.
About National Water Informatics Centre
National Water Informatics Centre (NWIC) is the central repository that stores data regarding the availability of water resource across India. Set up in 2018, it comes under the aegis of the Ministry of Jal Shakti’s Department of Water Resources. This central repository enables the data-based sustainable development and management of water resources in India.
Topics: App • Gram Panchayat Development Plan • Jal Shakti • Jal Shakti Ministry • MGNREGA • MGNREGS • Ministry of Rural Development • Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) • Ministry of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj • National Water Informatics Centre • Panchayat Raj • Water resource management
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|