International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI), 2022.
Who hosted the conference?
- The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) hosted the International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI) 2022.
- Prime Ministers of Australia and Japan, as well as Presidents of Ghana and Madagascar, addressed the conference.
What are the highlights of PM Modi’s speech?
- PM held that India is committed to meeting the needs of the poor and vulnerable by building next-generation infrastructure.
- He said that people must be at the heart of any infrastructure growth story and they must be provided quality, dependable & sustainable services in an equitable manner.
What is CDRI?
- CDRI is a multi-stakeholder global partnership, launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, at the 2019 UN Climate Summit.
- CDRI is led and managed by national governments, where knowledge is generated and exchanged on different aspects of disaster resilience of infrastructure.
Which organizations are the supporting partners of CDRI?
The following six organizations are supporting partners:
- The World Bank Group
- The Asian Development Bank
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- The Private Sector Alliance for Disaster Resilient Societies (ARISE)
- Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment (CCRI).
What is disaster-resilient infrastructure?
Disaster resilient infrastructure is any infrastructure that is strategically designed to withstand the impact of a natural disaster like a flood, earthquake, etc.
Examples include elevated foundations that can keep a building out of floodwaters or earthquake-proof materials and foundations that will stop a building from collapsing.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|