India’s First Women-Owned Industrial Park
Commemorating the International Women’s Day 2022 on 8th March 2022, India’s first 100 percent women-owned industrial park was opened in Hyderabad, Telangana. Telangana Industries Minister KT Rama Rao inaugurated this park.
- With 25 women-owned and operated Green Projects, this industrial park has begun its operations.
- The FLO Industrial Park is named after the FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), which is promoting it in association with the Telangana government.
- The FLO Industrial Park, covers 50 acres and cost Rs 250 crore to build.
- An expansion of 100 acres of the FLO women industrial park has also been promised by the Industries Minister subject to the park’s focus on various novel products.
- It is the nation’s flagship as well as the first-of-its-kind project.
- FLO chapter members and national members are also welcome to participate.
- The park has also established amenities, such as creches and playschools, to provide a home-like atmosphere for women while keeping in mind the needs of working women entrepreneurs.
- In Phase II, the FLO wants to establish similar multi-industry women industrial parks across the country, as well as a centre of excellence for skill development.
About FICCI Ladies Organization
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI) women wing is named FICCI Ladies Organization. FICCI is the top body of commerce and industry in India. In 1983 FLO was established. Its members include corporate executives, professionals, and entrepreneurs.
FLO, with its head office located in New Delhi, is an all India organization and has 18 chapters across the nation including New Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Lucknow, Jaipur, Indore, Coimbatore, Pune, Kanpur, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Uttarakhand, and Northeast.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|