Haryana 2G Ethanol Plant
The 2nd-Generation Ethanol Plant is set to be commissioned on August 10, 2022 in Haryana on the occasion of World Biofuel Day. This plant is aimed at tackling the problem of stubble burning in Haryana and adjoining region. It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in virtual mode.
About 2G Ethanol Plant:
- Second-Generation (2G) Ethanol Plant has been set up by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) in the Panipat Refinery and Petrochemical Complex (PRPC).
- It is worth Rs 999 crore plant, that has been set up on 35 acres of land.
- The plant is having the capacity of 100 kilolitre/day.
- It will help in increasing the income of paddy farmers as well as play a significant role in controlling stubble burning led pollution.
Significance of the plant include;
- 2G ethanol bio-refinery will use paddy straw (parali) as a feedstock.
- It will produce 100 kilolitre ethanol per day, after processing 750 tonne paddy straw in a day.
- Production of 2G ethanol on commercial basis will start within 90 days.
- This plant would provide employment to around 250 people directly. It will also employ 1000 people indirectly.
- Plant will benefit the farmers of Panipat, Karnal, Sonepat, Jind, Kurukshetra, Ambala and Yamunanagar.
For the ethanol production, Paddy straw will be purchased from farmers. For this purpose, 12 collection centres have been set up in Panipat and Karnal. Announcement to set up this plant was made on October 10, 2016 by Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|